Illinois State University will offer high quality Summer Session programming and innovative learning opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students. A vital summer program will serve to strengthen students' academic programs as well as offer opportunities for programming that will complement and enhance their academic programs.
Summer Session is designed with Illinois State University students in mind. Primarily, Summer Session should:
- support the timely graduation of students; and
- optimize the academic integrity of students' programs.
Course offerings that will help support these primary goals include oversubscribed courses throughout the academic year, high demand graduate-level courses that ensure students' progress toward degree or certification completion, required professional practice and internship courses, and courses that fulfill commitments to students in unique programs.
- June/July - Deans receive information about their summer allocations
- End of August - Summer schedules are due
- October - Students may view summer course information in Course Finder
- February - May - Registration for summer
The Office of the University Registrar manages the process of communicating course textbook adoptions. Contact the University Registrar for additional information.
Information regarding textbooks to be adopted by faculty in Summer must be entered into the textbook listing system by March 1.