The Faculty Handbook was designed to be viewed as an online PDF document. It includes pdf bookmarks to easily navigate to the information you need and links to office/unit websites for access to more specific information as needed.
This handbook cannot and is not intended to address all circumstances related to the employee's role in the University, nor is the information contained in the handbook intended to constitute an express or implied contract of employment with the University. No provision of this handbook may be applied in contradiction of any policies of the Board of Trustees of Illinois State University, the University, or of any official documents.
This handbook contains information in place as of the date of publication. This information is subject to change, modification, interpretation, and elimination at any time as a result of action by federal and/or state governments, by the Trustees of the Board of Trustees of Illinois State University, and by the University administration.
Not all situations will be covered. Where policies do not apply or do not exist, the University retains its inherent right to create new policies and manage the University through its administration and Board of Trustees.
Employment Forms and Documents
- Application for Tenure and/or Promotion
- Leave of Absence Request (Sabbatical and other) - Human Resources (PERS 917)
- Tenure Year Designation (PERS 919)
- Named Faculty Appointments
- Locus of Tenure Implementation Procedures
- Departmental Faculty Status Committee Report (PERS 913)
- Waiver of Confidentiality - Faculty Review
- Outside employment forms (requests and reports)
- View all official university policies related to employees