The Service Awards exist to honor and recognize faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in service to Illinois State University. By honoring such individuals, the University:
- Demonstrates its commitment to recognizing service as an activity essential to its mission and governance
- Provides incentive for faculty members to pursue activities that enhance the quality of their service
- Emphasizes the importance of outstanding service
Funding is available for service awards in three categories:
- University-level Outstanding Service Award
- University-level Service Initiative Award
- College-level Outstanding Service Award.
The University Service Awards Committee will be composed of one faculty member from each college, one undergraduate student, one graduate student and one representative from the Provost’s Office.
- 1 faculty representative from each college is to be nominated by the Dean
- 1 undergraduate student representative is to be nominated by the Vice-Chair of the Academic Senate
- 1 graduate student representative is to be nominated by the Vice-Chair of the Academic Senate
- 1 representative from the Provost's Office
Each nomination is subject to approval by the Faculty Caucus of the Academic Senate. The college faculty representative appointments will be for a two-year term. The student appointments are for one year. The Committee will inform the Provost of its selections and will report annually to the Faculty Affairs Committee.
University Service Award Application Deadlines
University Service Awards 2022-2023 Timeline
June 2022: Program information and eligibility/application guidelines are available online.
September 2022: Completed applications for the Outstanding University Service Award and Service Initiative Award are due from departments/schools to the college deans. Exact deadline determined by each college.
October 3, 2022: Ranked applications for the Outstanding University Service Award and Service Initiative Award are due to the Provost's Office with complete documentation as requested in the service awards guidelines. Please note that all application materials must be submitted in electronic format. See Award Application Guidelines below for more information.
Service Award Eligibility and Application Procedures
Outstanding College Service Award
Each college will be appropriated $500 in operating funds to recognize faculty with outstanding records of service. The selection process, criteria for the award, and the number of recipients will be determined by each college. Colleges are encouraged to establish criteria similar to the University service awards to ensure college recipients will be competitive for future University service awards.
See individual college web sites or contact the Dean's Office for more information: