Graduate Studies and Research Work Group
Work Group Members
, Associate Vice President for Research & Graduate Studies, Office of the Provost
- Joe Blaney, Associate Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Rachel Bowden, Director, Biological Sciences
- Kristin Carlson, Assistant Professor, Theatre and Dance
- Craig Gatto, Interim Director, Chemistry
- Dallas Long, Dean, Milner Library
- Phyllis McCluskey-Titus, Professor, Educational Administration and Foundations
- Todd McLoda, Dean, College of Applied Science & Technology
- Noelle Selkow, Interim Director, Graduate School
- Jason Wagoner, Director, Research and Sponsored Studies
- Jim Wolfinger, Dean, College of Education
Graduate Studies Sub-group
, Interim Director, Graduate School
- Kim Astroth, Professor, Mennonite College of Nursing
- Luis Canales, Director, International Studies
- Amy Dennison, Coordinator, Social Work
- Ann Haugo, Director, Theatre and Dance
- Steve Hunt, Director, Communication
- Dawn McBride, Professor, Psychology
- Craig McLauchlan, Associate Vice President for Research & Graduate Studies, Office of the Provost
- Eric Peterson, University Professor, Geography, Geology and the Environment
- Scott Pierce, Assistant Professor, Kinesiology and Recreation
- Cara Rabe-Hemp, Associate Dean, College of Applied Science & Technology
- Rachel Scott, Associate Dean, Milner Library
- Lenford Sutton, Chair, Educational Administration and Foundations
Work Group Goals and Initiative
Identify areas for possible academic growth in graduate programs such as accelerated degrees, adult learner programs, and partnership programs
Examine support system for graduate students and ways to measure and enhance student success for graduate students.
Explore funding strategies for graduate students.
Consider options, brainstorm, and vet ideas on ways to enhance research/scholarship/creative efforts of Illinois State through infrastructure, policy, and incentivization structures. Make recommendations on short- and long-term pathways to improve those structures.
Examine the role centers and institutes currently play in research and graduate studies play on campus and consider opportunities for improvement and growth.
Suggestions for this Work Group?
What would you like to see the group discuss? What are the issues/policies that you would like to see streamlined? Other questions? Please email suggestions to Provost.